1. Biology: a profound change in form from one stage to the next in the life history of an organism, as from the caterpillar to the pupa and from the pupa to the adult butterfly.
2. a complete change of form, structure, or substance, as transformation by magic or witchcraft.
3. any complete change in appearance, character, circumstances, etc.
4. a form resulting from any such change.
5. Pathology: a) a type of alteration or degeneration in which tissues are changed, b) the resultant form.
6. Botany: the structural or functional modification of a plant organ or structure during its development.
Etymology: from Neo-Latin metamorphōsis < Greek metamórphōsis, “transformation”, from metá, “change” + morphḗ, “form”.
For those of you born with Saturn in Scorpio the planet leaves your sign and you emerge from your cocoon…going from grub to chrysalis to butterfly is an accurate analogy for the process of undoing, releasing and becoming. The process of disintegration/ truth finding and reintegration is the lesson of Saturn. Shaking out tender wings. ..the first few tentative dizzied steps…sore and sticky with metamorphosis; you have become more than you imagined. (And you don’t quite know what the entirety of THAT is yet!)
Those of you born after 1985 / or with Saturn in Sagittarius are entering your metamorphosis period – get ready to change and become! The journey lasts about 2 years but the acuteness of the experience depends on your personal birth chart and your willingness to work with this powerful transit – it’s a Rite of Passage that marks the emergence of the realised Adult (28 – 30) or the emerging Wise (Wo)man (57 – 59)
Find out more about your Metamorphosis, book a reading email@example.com
And yep…I read on Skype. You don’t have to be in Sydney!