Step into the Wild,
Across the border of reason into Dream & Story
We begin to stalk the True Self.
Our Stories about our life, our favourite films and fairy tales reveal much about the (often) Unacknowledged Self. While the Self remains unlived, half lived, denied and half-starved we experience confusion, anxiety, patterns we “know” how to break – but can’t…The Over-culture, family, broader society, our own conditioning or conscious temperament can distance us from our true Self. It’s common to feel frustrated, half-asleep or moving from crisis to crisis seeking self but having trouble finding her!
Join me for the first 12 week Module of a year Long course : Stalking the Wild Self
Module 1: June 2015 – September 2015
Part I: The Power of Myth : 4 weeks
– Exploring your personal myths
– Understanding your role in the myth
– Identity vs. Identification
Part 2: Enter the Wild : 4 Weeks
– Encounter with the Wild Self
– Exploring Wildness – Grieving Taming
– Cultivating Wild Self
Part 3:The Power of Naming: 4 Weeks
– The Power of Names
– Naming as Identity & Denial of Identity
– Name Retrieval
Part 4: Retrieving Power : 4 Weeks
– Initiation: Sacrificing the not-Self
– The Old Woman
– Ancestral Power & Stories
In each class we will explore:
- Myth & magic and how it shapes our lives
- Journal using images, fragments of poems to evoke the secret voice of the psyche and cultivate deep intuition
- Learn to honour the Instinct and greet it with curiosity, not superstitious fear
- Learn to explore and reflect on unconscious actions
- Use Art, simple ceremony and observation the patterns of symbolism to commune and call out the Deep, Wild Self.
You need will need:
- A commitment of 2 hours per week in person to study the unique myths and stories that have shaped your life.
- At least 1-2 hours a week for work, reflection & journaling
- Responsibility for your own journey – you may go deep in this process and experience grief, relief, old wounds or a multitude of strong feelings as you work towards retrieving yourself – make sure you have a wise counsellor to support you.
- Curiosity about the journey & courage to explore what you discover
- Ability to be with a small group and share *only where you are comfortable to do so*
Total cost: $390
• 1 x Private 60 minute session on your story and recent dreams prior to the course ( worth $60)
•12 x 2 hour face to face workshop sessions with a limit of 4 others (5 people max in each group)
•Pass for all full moon circles for the duration of the course (worth $180)
•Email support, work and study guide throughout the week
You may have used these stories to hide your true nature, to survive hidden in myth until you could begin to emerge. Perhaps these stories pull on you, calling to a deep truth in your Self that you cannot seem to draw out. Come explore these stories, chart dreams and embark on a discovery and celebration of the Wild Power within all of us.
2 Sessions Available – 5 places only in each class:
Thursday: 7pm to 9pm
Saturday: 10:30 am to 12:30pm
About Asha: Asha is an astrologer & tarot reader with a unique take on an Ancient Tradition. Her method empowers you to master your fate with humour, determination and courage. When you understand your personal story you can rewrite it. You can make different choices at the next turn in the road and step out of stories that aren’t yours. If you approach your personal story with intention – rather than seeking to escape – you will discover your intent. Through understanding, your intention gains power, you become the lead character in your story not the passive victim of fate. Tarot & Astrology have always been used for this reason; not to predict an impossibly fluid future but to arm you with the knowledge to change your path where you can and continue with courage, when you can’t.